Pokémon Go (stylized Pokémon GO) is a location-based augmented reality mobile game developed by Niantic for iOS and Androiddevices. It was released in most regions of the world in July 2016. Making use of GPS and the camera of compatible devices, the game allows players to capture, battle, and train virtual creatures, called Pokémon, who appear on device screens as though in the real world. The game is free-to-play, although it supports in-app purchases of additional gameplay items. An optional companionBluetooth wearable device, the Pokémon Go Plus, is planned and will alert users when Pokémon are nearby.
Pokémon Go was released to mixed reviews. Reviewers praised the overall experience of the game and the incentive to adventure in the real world, while noting technical issues apparent at launch. The game quickly became one of the most used smart device apps shortly after release, being downloaded by more than 40 million people worldwide, and was a boon to the stock value of The Pokémon Company and Nintendo. It was credited with popularizing location-based gaming and augmented reality, and some medical professionals speculated that it could improve the health of players. It also attracted controversy, reportedly causing accidents and being a public nuisance at some locations.
Release date by country:
– This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
– Compatible with Android devices that have 2GB RAM or more and have Android Version 4.4 – 6.0 installed.
– Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
– Not compatible with Android devices that use Intel Atom processors.
– Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
– Application may not run on certain devices even if they have compatible OS versions installed.
– It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
– Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
– Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
– Information current as of July 5, 2016.